Vinyl windows have been gaining a lot popularity amongst homeowners lately. These windows look pretty good and they have great functionality as well. Anyone who values practicality and aesthetics in their windows is bound to appreciate vinyl windows. Lets go through a list of reasons that will make you want to install vinyl windows in your home as well.
The Pros of Vinyl Windows
- Vinyl windows are known for their excellent thermal insulation capabilities. Vinyl windows have really tight fittings that prevent any gaps or cracks from forming. This ensures that your windows will not leak air into your home. Vinyl is also less likely to warp over time. This further reduces the chances of air leakage later on.
- Vinyl windows aren’t fussy. This makes them easy to clean and maintain. You can even remove their sashes for cleaning or replacement without too much effort. This makes repairing vinyl windows pretty cost effective.
- Vinyl windows can be cleaned with a damp cloth without any trouble. You can use household cleaners on these windows without having to worry about the material’s color getting damaged as well.
Vinyl windows are great, but they are not perfect. They come with a handful of downsides as well.
The Cons of Vinyl Windows
- When it comes to design options, vinyl windows do not have a lot to offer. You have a limited number of styles and color options available. And you don’t have the option to customize your window’s design in any way.
- Vinyl replacement windows do not give you the option for refreshing their looks either. Unlike wooden or metal windows, you cannot paint over them to give them a new look. You will have to completely replace the window for something as simple as a color change.